HIGH QUALITY, HARD TO GET AND CUSTOM ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS FOR POWER SUPPLIES, DISPLAYS, TVs, MOTHERBOARDS AND MORE!

Brightness knob

Post here about anything that doesn't fit specifically into any of the other categories, or if you're not sure what the problem is.

Brightness knob

Postby LongRunner » June 11th, 2015, 12:03 am

Do you think they should bring back a dedicated knob or slider to adjust the brightness on monitors?

I adjust the brightness on my monitor several times each day – more often than I change the volume, for that matter (although I use headphones so don't need to adjust that as often as would be needed with loudspeakers). So the multiple button presses to change the brightness via the OSD get somewhat irksome after a while.

Even if the cost increase from the required potentiometer would be too great, I suppose they could at least assign two of the buttons (my Dell monitor has 4 besides the power button) to brightness up/down when pressed without opening the menus, and all that would take would be a firmware change.
Information is far more fragile than the HDDs it's stored on. Being an afterthought is no excuse for a bad product.

My PC: Core i3 4130 on GA‑H87M‑D3H with GT640 OC 2GiB and 2 * 8GiB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz, Kingston SA400S37120G and WD3003FZEX‑00Z4SA0, Pioneer BDR‑209DBKS and Optiarc AD‑7200S, Seasonic G‑360, Chenbro PC31031, Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.3.
LongRunner

Re: Brightness knob

Postby Behemot » June 11th, 2015, 4:36 am

Many displays do have one-button-to-brightness (and contrast) setting. I think some also have profiles.
Behemot
Administrator

Return to General Computer Discussion