HIGH QUALITY, HARD TO GET AND CUSTOM ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS FOR POWER SUPPLIES, DISPLAYS, TVs, MOTHERBOARDS AND MORE!

Out of the ordinary failures...

Discuss general internet stuff here. You can also talk about websites, etc.

Out of the ordinary failures...

Postby LongRunner » January 27th, 2014, 3:55 am

Remember how I have nothing but trouble with Hellstra and their pathetic internet service??? Well, now there's something a bit more...worrying.

I mentioned a bit about it here. A key difference from the older 3G device is that the AC760S features a lithium-ion battery (as opposed to its predecessor, which could only be powered from a mains-connected supply)...which is where the trouble continues from.

Now the battery in question (model "W-3", rated at 3.7V 2000mAh) is bulging. The internal cells (2 in parallel) bear the model number LP553446ARU, which leads here (sorry, but you haven't exactly built my dreams...:rolleyes:). Also, if it's any indication of what's happened, there's what looks like a tin whisker very close to the monitor board. I still think it's more probable that they're just crap batteries, though. Now the spare battery is installed, but my experience with these units suggests that there's about a 20% chance that it'll happen again. Have any of you seen it???
Information is far more fragile than the HDDs it's stored on. Being an afterthought is no excuse for a bad product.

My PC: Core i3 4130 on GA‑H87M‑D3H with GT640 OC 2GiB and 2 * 8GiB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz, Kingston SA400S37120G and WD3003FZEX‑00Z4SA0, Pioneer BDR‑209DBKS and Optiarc AD‑7200S, Seasonic G‑360, Chenbro PC31031, Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.3.
LongRunner

Re: Out of the ordinary failures...

Postby c_hegge » January 27th, 2014, 5:24 pm

Nope. I've never had any issues with any Tel$tra 3G devices. I have an older white 3G elite WiFi device. It's a few years old, but the battery seems fine (no bulging, and it still holds a 4 or 5 hours charge).
c_hegge
Seasoned Veteran

Return to General Internet/Website Discussion