HIGH QUALITY, HARD TO GET AND CUSTOM ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS FOR POWER SUPPLIES, DISPLAYS, TVs, MOTHERBOARDS AND MORE!

HWI Smutstone guild (war thread)

Discuss general internet stuff here. You can also talk about websites, etc.

HWI Smutstone guild (war thread)

Postby Behemot » January 14th, 2022, 12:05 pm

This is the topic regarding HardwareInsights guild on Smutstone. General information, rules and, for the time being, discussion, as I don't expect many members in the beginning, not to say many coming here since there is no way to inform guild members that this even exists :group:

General rules:
1. only players with 100k+ troop power are accepted
2. only players who show activity at least couple times in the war are accepted to (and kept in) the guild!
3. each member has to register here, watch news and discuss strategy
4. read information about the war mechanics on the Smutstone wiki so you have at least a general idea what's going on
5. if at least a little bit possible, do not throw all forces into some single cell in the beginning of the war, every 3 rounds a plague comes decimating 50 % of the force in each cell
6. watch for bonuses regarding card colors (more at wiki) and use your forces conservatively so if possible, you have card of appropriate color to put onto a cell where you get bonus
7. always put at least partially complete decks to battle cells for deck bonuses
8. refreshing stats at about half the battle timer reveals the results already, if any guild member is around in that time, capture or write down enemy forces within each available battle cell so the players, who will not be available to put forces in the preparation phase, could at least make a guess where it is best to put their forces (so they won't put e. g. 30k to a cell where enemy has 70k and we could avoid that); post it here in the thread
9. higly-valued cells are top priority (4 in the middle and 4 near each corner), but if possible, especially sniping in the last 3 minutes of preparation phase for only a minor troop force (in terms of thousands), get any cell possible
10. for now, do not buy anything in the guild shop; info when and for what to spend medals will be announced here
11. always obey guild master (that's me, Behemot2077)
Behemot
Administrator

Re: HWI Smutstone guild

Postby Behemot » January 17th, 2022, 8:53 am

BATTLE STATS AND ORDERS

the usual
Behemot
Administrator

Postby lujtg75 » January 17th, 2022, 9:42 am

I am not hearing anything from you on Signal!

You may need to refresh Signal so that we can communicate?

##########################

Update on chances of getting top 20 here in Season 28:

What I have listed below is a list of Good Things that can happen and a List of Bad Things that can happen.

We are allowed 3 more Bad Things than Good things to stay in the top 20. I have assigned the probabilities that I had
given to each of these possibilities at the start of War 7. I have also given the current status and updated probabilities.
NOTE: Just because a Good thing or a Bad thing has already happened does not mean that it will stay that way unless the
updated Probability is greater than 99%

Basically we can have at most 3 more bad things happen than good things. That would place us at Position 20 in the Season standings.

Right now we are sitting with 1 good thing and 1 bad thing. Hence we are in 18th position. However, we have almost 100% certainty of
HItest88 passing us up if they want to do so. They will do so if it will safely get them into the top 20. (ie. if they can get to 18th place or
higher in the last hour of the season.

Good Things:

- Pass up GoneForNow (a almost exclusively Gem mining Guild) and stay ahead of them at the end of the Season - Initial Prob 27% - We have passed
them up for now and have a 3.6K lead on them. (updated Prob to stay ahead of them is 64%)

- Pass up GhostGuild (a almost exclusively Gem mining Guild) and stay ahead of them at the end of the Season - Initial Prob 13%% - I have checked them out. They have 3 active team playing Guild Wars. But they do not play very well. They have 4 teams that have not spent any medals, so they may be sitting on a fairly large amount. They have 1 open spot in the Guild which I used to check them out. I suspect that they will make sure to stay ahead of us quite easily. Updated probability is at 4% that we might beat them out. It will probably go close to 0% before the end of this War.

- Update. We have passed them up and with 24500 unspent medals, (21000 controlled by me) I am updating the probability of staying ahead of them to 25%. If they were going to spend medals, I would have expected them to do so by now. But who knows.

- Pass up candious (candious was a perennial top 50 and sometimes top 20 guild until a few seasons ago when they disappeared, but they have returned now, my assumption is that they were harvesting/saving medals much like I did with HItest88) Initially I assigned this a probability of 20%, but in either Round 2 or Round 3 of this War they spent around 37K medals. At this point with them being almost 60K ahead of us, I have reduced this probability to less than 1% unless someone on our Guild team is willing convert 13+K of Gems to medals. And even then I suspect that candious has made their commitment to being top 20 and they still have plenty of medals that they could spend.

Pass up KillBill - we have not done so, but we have the medals to pass up KillBill. With 21K under my control and 3500 not under my control our 24.5K medals would put us at about 694K only 4K behind KillBill. But Kill Bill has not spent any medals after War 7. So, I do not know how many medals that they have in reserve.

Bad Things that might Happen:

Teams from outside of the top 20 suddenly by their way into the top 20. I have seen in the past this happen many times usually 3 to 5 teams do so starting around War 6.

+ 3 bad here so far. So far this has happened 3 times.

- HansandRoses did this early in War 7 and is currently in 17th place 43K ahead of us. This I expected to happen.
- Waifus spent 163500 medals after War 7 and moved up from their mids 30s position and are currently in 13th place 63K ahead of us.
- FuckBitches spent 297600 medals after War 7 and moved up from their mid 50 position and are currently in 14th place and are 63K ahead of us.

Anticipated bad thing: HItest88 can easily surpass us and will move up to around 15th place and be about 44K ahead of us. But they also have another ~42K
worth of medals in reserve as well. So this is almost 100% guarantee that HItest 88 will end up ahead of us.

Meat could pass us up. They are currently 16K behind us, but have not spent any medals after War 7. If we spend the 24.5K that we can spend, then we
would be 40K ahead of them and even if they spent all 28K medals from War 7, they would still be 12K behind us? That would imply that they would need to
convert almost 4K worth of Gems to overtake us. I do not believe that they have Medals in reserve. So, I give it only a 17% chance that they will pass us up.

Season 28 War 5:

Troop counts for the 11 cells that we can attack in Round 4:

22 - 27150 (Y)
23 - 7180 (Y)
24 - 810 (Y)
25 - 30310 (Y)
31 - 9185 (B)
36 - 9550 (Y)
42 - 9730 (B)
43 - 22295(Y)
44 - 12400(Y)
45 - 10320 (Y)
51 - 13695 (B)

###############################

#####################

#############################

The Following are opposing Guilds for War 3:

Blue - CIA - This Guild is in 86th position for the Season with 135.5K points.

Red - BEST - This Guild is in 121st position for the Season with 116.8K points

Yellow - Realgirls - This Guild is in 324th position for the Season with 52.7K points.

########################

##################################

##############################

I have not found Nasarik in the Season standings yet. But Manhole (Yellow) is in 70th position with 215.3K points and Primera (Red) is in
374th position with 63.5K points.

So, basically we need to make sure that we do not waste troops against Blue if they send out their massive troop counts occasionally.
We need to concentrate on Yellow who is the quick sniping Guild (both attacking and defending) in the last 90 seconds. They are the most
active and best playing (as far as troop deployment) Guild that we have ever faced. So, we need to always focus our attention at the end
of the Prep Phase on the cells that they may defend.

Manhole was first faced in Season 13 War 3. Best playing team that we have faced. They get all of their troops on the board at some point in the
War. They have multiple team members available almost every round. (they messed up and did not have a full compliment of teams in Round 4
and that is the only reason that we beat them) They are a combination Bulldozer team and Cell trading team. They are excellent at sniping in the
last 120 seconds. And with multiple team members (apparently communicating and splitting up the responsibilities) they are able to both snipe
reinforce both their attacks and to defend their cells resisting to some degree our ability to take cells. Though that may be a distracting facet of
their MO to make their attacks more successful, since our attacks mostly did succeed. They continue to be a difficult guild to score against because
of their rapid deployment of troops in the last 120 seconds of the Prep Phase. They are able to respond to attacks very quickly as though there
were at least 2 and normally 3 or 4 players putting out troops late in the Prep Phase. Finally in Season 14 War 3 we were able to put a little distance
between us and them though Round 8 and then when a Big Hitter showed up in Round 9 we crushed them (as they had depleted their troops in the
first 8 rounds and lost troops fighting another guild and made a couple of mistakes overcommitting troops in Rounds 3 and 6. We face them again
in Season 14 War 4. And again we faced them in Season 14 War 5. We are getting better at beating them, but they still keep us from getting a good
score for the War. The trick is to not expend too many troops against the other guilds and concentrate on beating Blue out for
cells. And to be ready for their late sniping (both attack sniping and defense sniping)..

Primera - Was first faced in Season 14 War 3. - (Faced again in Season 14 War 4) They got about 75% of their troops out and finished
3rd in the War behind Manhole. They were positioned opposite to us and helped us with our War score. They did not do much in terms of sniping. But they
did reinforce in the Prep Phase some times. When we faced them in Season 14 War 5, they have again were fighting for 3rd place, but at least
in Round 9 they ended up sniping a center cell from us and a couple of other cells as well. They were still way back, but did cost us some
score in Round 9 after being a reliable scoring opportunity in early rounds. Last faced in Season 16 War 1. They were eliminated from
the board and reappeared in Round 6 (basically I let them take back their home cells. They made a late push and helped our score some when
they managed to take 2 center cells. But ended up 3rd behind "Expendables when they were not able to score quite enough points in Rounds 8 and 9.
They probably only had about a 75% troops deployment rate. Faced in Season 16 War 6. In this war they started slow and saved their troops while we battle
it out with Whatever. But they kept a few cells and in the last 4 rounds made a big push, but it was too late and they finished in
3rd place well behind Whatever.

Nasarik - This Guild was first faced in Season 12 War 6. Initially this Guild was mostly a non-participation Guild, but it has developed
into a Guild that does participate, but only sporadically. When it does send troops they are typically in overwhelming numbers.
Basically a guild that is not really trying to score points and win the War, but a Guild that plays spoiler to being able to score well in
a War, especially if they get access to the center cells, where they may dump their entire troop forces over a couple of Rounds.
Basically for us to score on the periphery at least until a Plague helps us out. Hence, it is best to keep them isolated if possible.

#####################

###########################

#########################

##############################

################################################

Here are Opponent Guilds Season rankings and scores as of the end of Round 2:

Red and Yellow we have faced before and my writeups on them are shown below:

Red and Yellow will be fighting it out for 3rd place and Blue should get 2nd place, unless they figure out a way to beat us.
I believe that they are over committing troops early in the War. If they are a blocking Guild they will run out of troops (especially
if they loose a bunch to the Plague at the end of Round 3). If they are a well played guild and slow down, they should still be
susceptible to beating up on them since we have the better Guild Bonuses. That is unless we over commit troops fighting Red and
Yellow or loose an excessive number of troops to the Plague in Rounds 3 and 6.

Red - Whatever - Rank 238 with 188.6K points in the season. (so probably Guild bonus of 1* through level 3.
Yellow - Primera - Rank 342 with 120.2K points in the season. (s0 probably Guild bonus of 1* for level 1 and 2 and maybe a couple level 3 1*s.
Blue - Alliance - Rank 111 with 296.2K points in the season. (They may have 1*s all the way through level 5 and maybe some level 1 2*s.We faced them again in Season 16 War 6. They started off very strong and held their
place against us all the way up to Round 6 when we pulled ahead. And while they kept fighting they just did not have the troops available to
really challenge us. But they did take second well ahead of Primera.

Troop Counts for the 6 cells that we can attack in Round 3:

31 - 0 (R)
32 - 14135 (R)
36 - 330 (Y)
43 - 150635 (B)
44 - 124865 (B)
45 - 2965 (Y)

########################

Troop Counts for the 7 Cells that we can attack in Round 2:

16 - 73076 (M)
21 - 0 (R)
22 - 300 (R)
26 - 330 (Y)
33 - 73076 (M)
34 - 73076 (M)
35 - 73076 (M)

###############################

###################################

Here are our opponents for War 5 with my writeups on the 2 we have faced before shown just below this.
Red is the real competition and the only Guild that has come close to defeating us in the last few seasons. We are lucky in this war, because
they are caught between us and Blue (MetalAttack) so they will probably have to expend more troops fighting Blue than we will fighting
Yellow which is a sporadic playing Guild.

NOTE: Once we get to Rounds 2, 3, 4 and 5, I will need all the help I can get fighting against Red in the last 2 minutes of the Prep Phase. They have
shown in the Past that they always have multiple players participating and sniping in the last 120 seconds. This means by my self, I can only handle
2 or 3 cells to try and ensure that we get them. They normally have at least 2 or 3 players (who have communicated and distributed the cells between
them) sniping both to take cells and to defend cells. They will commit all of there troops and in a tough War they can actually run out of troops in
Rounds 8 and 9. So, if we can hold on and have troops left, we should be able to roll over them in Rounds 8 and 9. But getting a good score of over
60K may not be possible.

Red - Manhole - Current position 73 with 273.1K points. They are a perpetual top 100 team and are the best playing guild we have faced in the last
several seasons. It has been 2 Seasons since we last faced them, and they have not let up in their playing ability. We probably have the better color
bonuses above them on Light, Dark and Green cells, otherwise they probably match us in Guild Shop Bonuses. I hope that they do not remember us
that well.

Yellow - Master - Current position is 699 with only 20.1K points. They probably have no Guild Shop bonuses. But they are a blocking Guild and if they
pour troops out onto the Board early it could cause us a problem.

Blue - MetalAttack - Current position is 162 with 180.8K points. We have not faced them before and hence I do not know their MO. But they are a
reasonably successful team and hence I hope that they drain some of Red's troops away.

Manhole was first faced in Season 13 War 3. Best playing team that we have faced. They get all of their troops on the board at some point in the
War. They have multiple team members available almost every round. (they messed up and did not have a full compliment of teams in Round 4
and that is the only reason that we beat them) They are a combination Bulldozer team and Cell trading team. They are excellent at sniping in the
last 120 seconds. And with multiple team members (apparently communicating and splitting up the responsibilities) they are able to both snipe
reinforce both their attacks and to defend their cells resisting to some degree our ability to take cells. Though that may be a distracting facet of
their MO to make their attacks more successful, since our attacks mostly did succeed. They continue to be a difficult guild to score against because
of their rapid deployment of troops in the last 120 seconds of the Prep Phase. They are able to respond to attacks very quickly as though there
were at least 2 and normally 3 or 4 players putting out troops late in the Prep Phase. Finally in Season 14 War 3 we were able to put a little distance
between us and them though Round 8 and then when a Big Hitter showed up in Round 9 we crushed them (as they had depleted their troops in the
first 8 rounds and lost troops fighting another guild and made a couple of mistakes overcommitting troops in Rounds 3 and 6. We face them again
in Season 14 War 4. And again we faced them in Season 14 War 5. We are getting better at beating them, but they still keep us from getting a good
score for the War. The trick is to not expend too many troops against the other guilds and concentrate on beating Manhole out for
cells. And to be ready for their late sniping (both attack sniping and defense sniping).. Last faced in Season 16 War 5:

Master - Was first faced in Season 16 War 1. They have sent 174095 to the Dark Tower in the Main Phase, we already had 206315 there though. I am not
sure if they will snipe late or not since they are an unknown. Master came in 3rd. They were eliminated about Round 5. They sent 100+K to each of their
home cells, but did nothing else. Basically they had only about a 25% participation rate and did not follow up when they did send significant troops
counts. Basically Blocking Guild that only has partial participation. Last faced in Season 16 War 5:

############################################

Opponents in this war:

Nasarick - (Blue) - Current season position is 664 scoring only 19.5K points. Probably does not have any Guild Shop bonuses.
Violators - (Y) - Current season position is 89 (now 96 after first 2 rounds) - Score is 201K. Probably has Guild Shop bonuses
all the way through Stage 5.
Whatever - (R) - Current Season position is 231 with 123.3K points. Probably just starting to buy Level three bonuses.

############################

Summary of Guilds in our stratum that we may face again and their playing strategies (MOs)

SwingingBoobies - A very well played Guild, but does have a couple of issues that may keep them from ever being a top 50 guild.
Very aggressive early on and has multiple Teams in the Guild that utilize the end the Prep Phase reinforcements for
both attacking and defending. They can be a very difficult Guild to beat if you do not have enough Guild Team participation in the
Middle to late stages of the War. Rounds 4, 5, 6, and 7 are critical Rounds against SwingingBoobies. They get pretty close to 100%
troop deployment in the Wars they fight. Their biggest weakness is not keeping enough troops available to deploy in Rounds 8 and
9. So, if you keep presence around the board against them, they can be rolled up on in Rounds 8 and 9. The issue is since they are
so aggressive, you need to deploy a lot of troops in Rounds 4, 5, 6, and 7 as well. Their second biggest weakness is sometimes over
committing troops in Rounds 3 and 6 and the Plague can hit them hard then. We have faced them twice and won once and got
edged out the first time we faced them, due to not keeping a board wise presence in Rounds 6 and 7. Hence, even though we
rolled up on them in Rounds 8 and 9, we were not able to catch them. (late arrival of our big hitters and failure on my part to
commit the necessary troops in Rounds 6 and 7) Live and learn. Should cases like this arise, I need to be willing to commit all or
at least all of my troops in Rounds 6 and 7 and count on our Big Hitters being there to save the day in Rounds 8 and 9.

Nasarik - This Guild was first faced in Season 12 War 6. Initially this Guild was mostly a non-participation Guild, but it has developed
into a Guild that does participate, but only sporadically. When it does send troops they are typically in overwhelming numbers.
Basically a guild that is not really trying to score points and win the War, but a Guild that plays spoiler to being able to score well in
a War, especially if they get access to the center cells, where they may dump their entire troop forces over a couple of Rounds.
Basically for us to score on the periphery at least until a Plague helps us out. Hence, it is best to keep them isolated if possible.

WeAreOne - This is a moderately well played Guild. The first time we faced this Guild was in Season 12 - War 7 - This Guild was across
from us and practiced the Bulldozer strategy, where they came out hard and tried to overwhelm all opposition. This strategy can work
for winning Wars, but ultimately does not score real well. In this case Yellow did come in second to us, but by the end was either wiped
from the Board or had only 1 cell left, because they ran low on troops starting with about Round 7. They did show some late sniping
ability, but by the time we faced them, they were running low on troops.

portugas - This is another moderately well played Guild. We first faced this Guild in Season 12 - War 7. I did not get a good feeling for
their normal MO, because they had the unfortunate fate of being caught between WeAreOne and ourselves. Hence, they got rolled up on
early and nearly eliminated from the board. However, they were able to make a big come back later on when both WeAreOne and ourselves
were running low on troops. Ultimately due to their lack of presence in the center cells, they ended up in 3rd place despite playing well
late in Rounds 7, 8, and 9. portugas showed the ability to have several players sniping in the last 90 seconds of the Prep Phase late in Rounds
8 and 9. So, be aware of their multi-guild team Sniping ability. When we faced portunas for the 3rd time in Season 13 War 4 they played much
better. We should consider them a top tier opponent now. They will be willing to trade some, but in a lot of cases they defend reinforce in
the last 30 seconds on High value cells that they hold. They have shown the ability to place 100% of their forces, so we need to be able to
do so as well to beat them. They tend to start out a little conservative and then step up the attacks starting in about Round 3 or 4. They
actually appeared to have more troops than we did, despite us having more medals spend and hence better Shop purchased modifiers. When faced
last time in Season 14 War 6, they got behind early but tried to make a late push. I believe that they got all of their troops placed
out onto the board. While the win over them ended up being easy, there was the potential to fail not get a good score, but we
ended up with an over 60K score since we had timely participation of our Big Hitters in Rounds 7, 8 and 9.

RealGirls - This guild was first faced in Season 13 - War 1: This is moderately well played Guild. We have faced off against this Guild several
times. Their MO so far has to not commit troops to take the corner cells, but they do take their center access cells and normally commit
a lot of troops to take their 2 starting Towers (my guess is probably more than 250K to each tower) I have noticed them over committing troops
to their Home cells, even when they can not be attacked. This causes a loss of troops to the plague in Round 3, assuming no one bails them
out by attacking these cells in Rounds 2 and 3. So if there is more than 50K on their home cell do not attack it. They normally send out their
troops during the Main Phase, but they will occasionally snipe late in the Prep Phase, so watch out for that. But this is not a normal occurrance
they are more amiable to trading cells, but they do make you pay top dollar for the the cells that you take from them.
They have seemed to run low on troops in Rounds 8 and 9 and sometimes Round 7. So, they may not get full participation from their team
members every War. Most recently faced in Season 14 War 7. They have devolved into a high 200s team. Last faced in Season 15, War 5. They
took 4th place then. They attacked late but could not recover to even get 3rd place. Last faced Season 15, War 6. They took 4th place as hi and
Primera beat them easily.

Guildenstern - This guild was first faced in Season 13 - War 1: We have faced them several times. They are not a very well played guild. They
are more of a Blocking Guild. They occasionally commit large troop deployments without a real strategy. Most notably they over defend their
home cells, causing them to loose troops when the Plague hit. That being said, we should not discount them, especially if they get access to
the center cells and deploy several hundred K of troops there, as they can seriously lower our scoring opportunities. Sometimes they do not
do to much in the early rounds, other then Reinforce their home cells. But at some point they do get a significant portion of their troops placed
on the board. They may sometimes only get around 70% of their troops placed. If this happens they may run low on troops in the last couple of
rounds.

poncho - A poorly played guild with minimal participation. They tend to be more of blocking disrupter to scoring by committing massive troops
at random times. So while no threat to win the War, you need to be careful not to throw too many of your troops at them, which could
impact on you winning the War against the better played Guilds that you are facing. Usually it is better to let them hang onto a cell until the
Plague comes along and cuts their troop strength by 50%. Most recently faced in Season 16 War 3. They sent troops in the first 4 rounds, but always
in the Main Phase. Did not do too much int this War either.

Expendables was first faced in Season 13 War 2. They were a perpetual top 100 team but have fallen down to a high 100s team, so they
may not play as well anymore. They played well and came in 2nd place the first war. While they are not an exceptional team, they did
have a couple of Guild teams that can execute a sniping spree very well. But not all of their Teams can do so. They ran extremely low
on troops late in the War and I would estimate their Troop dispersal at the 80% level. They also over dispersed troops on occasion in the
early rounds. Late in the War when they were running low on troops, they correctly modified their troops dispersal to just enough to take
cells. Which means when needed they could easily be overcome with reinforcements. They dropped from 74th spot down to 112th place
after facing us. When we faced them in Season 14 War 5 they were fighting with Primera for 3rd position and did some sniping on us in
Round 9 costing us some points. Most recently faced in Season 16 War 1. They were across from us and built up a point lead over Primera
in the early rounds. They just barely held on to 2nd place because Primera started the recovery too late and was not able to withstand our
attacks in Round 9.

VIolators was first faced in Season 13 War 2. They are a respectable but not real good playing team. They will snipe late sometimes. They took
3rd place in this War, but did help us get to a 62K score. I believe their troop dispersal rate is about 80%. They participate in almost all rounds
to some degree. We have faced them many times most recently in Season 14 War 7. They remain a thorn in our side with their late sniping.

Enakam was first faced in Season 13 War 2. They are a blocking only team. They will occasionally send out massive troop deployments if given
a chance to do so. Especially to center and Tower cells. They over commit troops to their home cells. I estimate their troop deployment rate to
only be about 50%. But when concentrated that can pose a real problem for getting a good score. You must be careful not to overcommit troops
to take their cells and deplete you troop resources that are needed for the better playing teams that you are facing. Let the Plague help you
when possible.

score for the War. The trick is to not expend too many troops against the other guilds and concentrate on beating Blue out for
cells. And to be ready for their late sniping (both attack sniping and defense sniping)..

Witchers was first faced in Season 13 War 3. Weak over all team, but they did mostly participate, but were eliminated from the board fairly
early on. They maybe only get 40% to 60% of their troops deployed. There was no sign of late Prep Phase sniping occurring, though that could
always change.

hi - We first faced this guild in Season 13 War 4. They started off slow and let portunas and us battle each other out, before coming back strong
starting in Round 4. Rounds 7, 8 and 9 they really poured the troops onto the board and I believe got 100% of their troops out on to the board. They
are only a moderate to good played team. But when teamed up with another good team they can cause real problems with scoring well. Last Faced
Season 15 War 6 (and now War 7) They behaved the same starting slow and saving their troops to come back strong. They took 2nd place.

BUNTU - Was first faced in Season 14 War 2. They started off well, but ran low on troops around Round 5 or 6. Basically they are
a not to well played Bulldozer Guild. They do get most of their troops out, but send too many troops in Rounds 1 and 2 and if they are heavily
resisted, they do not have troops available for the later rounds. Well, they have some and can help in our scoring, but not enough to make a real
push to win the War. They also make the typical Bulldozer Guild mistake and fight the War on multiple fronts. This helps deplete their troops for
the later rounds. They can loose a lot of troops to the plague because of their over commitment of troops.

Primera - Was first faced in Season 14 War 3. - (Faced again in Season 14 War 4) They got about 75% of their troops out and finished
3rd in the War behind Manhole. They were positioned opposite to us and helped us with our War score. They did not do much in terms of sniping. But they
did reinforce in the Prep Phase some times. When we faced them in Season 14 War 5, they have again were fighting for 3rd place, but at least
in Round 9 they ended up sniping a center cell from us and a couple of other cells as well. They were still way back, but did cost us some
score in Round 9 after being a reliable scoring opportunity in early rounds. Last faced in Season 16 War 1. They were eliminated from
the board and reappeared in Round 6 (basically I let them take back their home cells. They made a late push and helped our score some when
they managed to take 2 center cells. But ended up 3rd behind "Expendables when they were not able to score quite enough points in Rounds 8 and 9.
They probably only had about a 75% troops deployment rate. Faced in Season 16 War 6. In this war they started slow and saved their troops while we battle
it out with Whatever. But they kept a few cells and in the last 4 rounds made a big push, but it was too late and they finished in
3rd place well behind Whatever.

TheBlacklist - Was first faced in Season 14 War 3. Not a very active Guild! I did not detect them sending troops even a single time. Basically a dead Guild.

DjiCantos - We first faced them in Season 14 War 6. They did not do too much though they did get about 50% of their troops out. They did do some
late Prep Phase troop deployments, but most of their troop deployments were during the Main Phase or early Prep Phase. Not any significant sniping
from them. Maybe they only had 3 or 4 of their teams participating sporadically. They were eliminated from the board, but reappeared in Round 7 taking
their home cells and after being eliminated again, they took 3 of their home cells in Round 9.

Yellow - Flint - We first faced them in Season 14 War 6. Very low participation Guild, though they did take their center access cells in Round 1. Probably
they only placed 25% to 35% of their troops. They came in a distant 4th place.

Red - Estocolmo - First faced in Season 4 War 9. Red is mostly a blocking guild that sends out very large troop deployments,
thereby it is costly a lot to overcome them, or needing to wait for the Plague to help you out. They will not ever be much more than a 3rd
place Guild in a War though. But they do pose a significant problem in trying to score against them.

AtlantisHarlots - First faced in Season 4 War 9. AtlantisHarlots was basically a non participating Guild. In a couple of late rounds they sent out
troops, but did not follow up in the following Rounds. At least in this War, they could mainly be ignored. As essentially a non-participating
Guild, I will be ignoring them until they show some life. Last faced in Season 15 - War 3. They behaved the same. They only sent troops out
in Round 4 after being eliminated from the Board in Round 3. (150+K to each home cell) After that nothing the rest of the War. Just a blocking
Guild.

MYTHWUKONG - First faced in Season 4 War 9. MYTHWUKONG took both of their center access cells. But they did not send troops to the
tower they shared with us or the corner cell that they shared with us. Ultimately MYTHWUKONG took 2nd place in this War and they
inhibited us from getting a good score. They are very much a defending team and seem to have several Guild Teams sending out troops
late in the Prep phase, mainly for reinforcing purposes, but they will occasionally snipe high scoring cells with large troop deployments
late. Best to always assume that they will send troops to any critical cell in the last 20 seconds. They do also perform anticipatory
reinforcements both for attacks and defending. Yellow is really big on snipe Reinforce defending at the very end of the
Prep Phase. They normally have multiple teams endlessly sending out just enough troops to defend their cells.
This is a poor scoring strategy but it does inhibit the ability to score against them. They seem to be able to send
out just enough troops so often that them may be breaking up sets to do so. This may imply that they are reducing
their effective deployable troop *#s. Best strategy would be do send out several 7-card sets late against them, as they have more
problems dealing with larger troop deployments quickly. Basically, they appear to get all of their troops deployed!

Witchers was first faced in Season 15 War 2. They placed better than expected and held out until near the very end of the War and took 3rd
place. they were not really a very good Guild, but they were very aggressive early and got 70+% of their troops out onto the board. So,
they can not be ignored.

DickOO was first faced in Season 15 War 2. They send out some troops early in the War, but were eliminated from the board by Round 3
or 4 and did not really make another appearance. They maybe only had one guild team trying to participate? Basically they were a
non-participating Guild.

SeaMonkey was first faced in Season 15 War 2. They were in 487th place after the first 2 wars. But they seemed to play better than
that early on being very agressive. (They were across from us.) They took an early lead that they did not give up until about Round 4. After we passed
them, they managed to hold on to 2nd spot until Violators passed them up in Round 8, but just by a little bit. Starting about Round 7,
they appeared to run out of troops, though I do not know if they got much more than 60% of their troops placed. So, either they had
a couple of Guild teams that did not participate, or they may have used up a lot more troops in the early rounds that I could not see
them send out, since they were across the board from us. They appear to be a 3rd place team that might occasionally get 2nd place.
In Round 5 SeaMonkeys showed their ability to snipe late in the Round this was about the first time in
Last edited by lujtg75 on February 26th, 2024, 2:25 pm, edited 1404 times in total.
lujtg75
Commander

Re: HWI Smutstone guild (war thread)

Postby Behemot » September 20th, 2023, 9:31 am

thread cleaned, looks like all three teams will be waiting till later, so for now lets just keep getting middle towers, and possibly take those free home-cells of red and yellow teams

save troops for later, I expect them to go nuclear later on :huh:
Behemot
Administrator

Postby lujtg75 » September 21st, 2023, 1:01 am

Last edited by lujtg75 on April 18th, 2024, 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
lujtg75
Commander

Postby Behemot » November 26th, 2023, 5:31 am

report, commander
Behemot
Administrator

Postby Behemot » November 26th, 2023, 4:09 pm

still no tanks, out
Behemot
Administrator

Postby lujtg75 » November 27th, 2023, 12:37 am

Last edited by lujtg75 on April 18th, 2024, 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
lujtg75
Commander

Postby Behemot » February 5th, 2024, 3:08 pm

looks like I could not connect to signal, not sure if its temporary, or they finally started blocking the old version for good!
Behemot
Administrator

Postby lujtg75 » March 3rd, 2024, 1:53 am

Last edited by lujtg75 on April 18th, 2024, 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
lujtg75
Commander

Next

Return to General Internet/Website Discussion